D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elliott in Suzail

4 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Elliott in Suzail - Page 15 Empty Re: Elliott in Suzail

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:58 pm

Elliott raises his eyebrows. "That must be the difference. Arcane vs Divine. So are you some kind of cleric of Morradin then? Being a metalshaper of sorts?" Elliott wasn't sure what he was talking about, but he wanted this guy in his guild. In order to do that, he needed to befriend him and also needed Layla to understand his magic. She probably already knew now that he thought about it. He was curious now.

(Have you looked at the pathfinder summoner class for inspiration?)
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:17 am

(I haven't but I certainly can, where can I find it?)

The man laughs. "No, I'm not a cleric of anykind, though I do worship Moradin and draw my power from his divine will." Layla sits in silence listening to the man's every word and looks like she could be reading a book as her eyes move back and forth looking at the man. Carly sits in silence as well and appears to be oblivious to the situation. "So you seem to be quite interested in my abilities. Looking to become a Artificer are you?"

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:40 am

Elliott maintains his smile, "Oh no. I'm already too far down my path to start traveling another. Your abilities are just extraordinary. Have you ever seen this before, Layla? Is taking your creations to the arena your highest aspiration?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:59 am

He bends over a bit in his chair and stairs at the ground. "Boy, my highest aspiration. Is to earn gold." He opens his mouth with his smile to show that his teeth have been replaced with gold plated pieces of metal. "I can't ask for much more then that." Layla observes the man a bit closer making it very noticeable that she is studying him. "I've read about people such as yourself, but never actually met an artificer before." Carly starting to realize your plan also looks him over but raises an eyebrow in suspicion at his noticeable lack of strength. And lack of a weapon.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:23 am

Elliott chuckles, "If you're in it for the gold, then the arena is a good place to start. However, in the arena you get gold and fame. Have you ever considered mercenary work? There's no fame, but the fame you lose ends up earning you that much more gold. With your abilities, you could fulfill a 5 man contract on your own easily and make 5 men's wages in the same amount of time. I've bought a spot of land in the city and am starting my own mercenary guild. In a few weeks, it should be complete. If the arena's coin gets stagnant, stop by The Undying Mercenary Co. We'll keep your pockets full." Elliott stands up and extends his hand to shake Shield's. "You beat me up pretty badly in there, so I think I'm going to take the rest of the day off. Do you prefer Shield, or is that just the name you use for the arena?" 

After Shield's response, Elliott collects his payment for the day's fights and heads to the plot of land he bought. "So Layla, how does that magic lyre work?"

Diplomacy to leave a good impression on Shield +20 (36)

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:23 am

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 16

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:55 am

Shield stands up and shakes your hand. "For now just call me shield, we'll be in touch Elliott." The clerk gives you 10,000 gold on your way out. "Simple, I play it and arcane magic will construct the buildings. Imagine thousands of unseen servants working together in harmony under my rule. Sounds great doesn't it?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:42 pm

Elliott shrugs. "You were worried about me being an Emperor. That lyre may be too much power for one person. Maybe we should return it." He winks and deploys his adamantine fortress and lays the blueprint out on the top. "Alright, Layla. It's your show now. The outside wall should probably be the first structure to go up. So what did you think about the artificer?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:12 am

Layla sits and concentrates for a second. Then she begins playing the lyre and turns away from it to talk to you. "He's a rather interesting man, I can see how he will be beneficial to your cause and to your compnay. However, I have problems trusting people who's minds I can't read." Carly takes off her great axe and uses it to lean on. "Seems nice to me, and we know Elliott can beat him up. So that's all that really matters."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:12 am

That worried Elliott. Layla was his backup plan if he couldn't control individuals, and if the guild hit a low spot, who knew what a golem manufacturing machine man would do if he didn't get any jobs. He'd probably just go back to the arena, but the possibility of internal conflict was a possibility. "Of course I can keep him in line on his own, but if there are any factions within the guild that rise against us, I may not be able to take on multiple artificers of that power. You can't even read the organic parts of his mind? I find it hard to believe that his brain was one of the parts he considered a flaw."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:48 am

"Neither would I, but I was certainly unable to do it. How he did that is beyond me for now, but I plan on figuring it out."

(this may be due to change if the artificer changes)

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:08 pm

Elliott watches her build for 15 minutes and starts reading his book for about half an hour. "Hey, Layla, you said there was magic in this book. Is there any way to get that magic quickly without having to spend time reading a book?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:58 pm

(watch the movie)

Layla watches the walls of the structure go up brick by brick in a super fast motion. With them flying through the air into their proper places. "I'm afraid there is no way to skip out on the reading process of the book, but look at it this way. Maybe you'll learn something without the help of the magic." Carly leans up against a nearby wall and falls alseep.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:18 pm

Elliott stands up to look at the progress. The wall looked nice. The large hewed stones looked strong enough to keep in the summoned monsters and at least hinder a force that might invade the city. "Yeah, I need to read this book because I'm bad with people, but I didn't know if the same spell cast on the book could be cast directly on me to improve other areas of my self. What did you say the others were? Thinking and comprehension or something." He sits down and keeps reading feeling good about his property in progress.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:43 pm

Layla keeps reading her books and playing the lyre as she answers you. "The tome of understanding, and the tome of clear thought." over the course of several hours, it looks like more progress has gotten done then 100's of men could accomplish in days. Getting the outside of the structure mostly complete and items start moving to the inside of the building and creating the different rooms.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Elliott takes off his armor, unrolls his bedroll, and lies down after his eyes get tired from reading. "I think we'll be fine here, whenever you need to meditate or whatever it is you do, go ahead." Elliott channels Iron Heart Endurance for 40 hp and goes to sleep.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:35 pm

When you wake up later, you see Layla meditating beside the lyre. Playing the lyre is what appears to be a street performer. And the building is going up just as fast as it was when you fell asleep.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Elliott stands up and stretches, blinking in the morning light. He surveys the progress of the guild hall. He knew better than to bother a meditating elf. Did she... did she dominate a random minstrel to build the hall? He doesn't want to disturb the spell, but he has concerns that perhaps this guy wasn't qualified as a builder. Elliott looks at the blueprint and tries to find any differences between it and the building he saw.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:00 pm

The building appears to go up just the way it was supposed to. You notice that the minstrel also has a blueprint in front of him that he stares at with full concentration as he plays the lyre. After about 10 minutes Layla stands up, Carly sits beside the man playing the lyre watching the building go up. Layla walks over and joins both of you."Good morning, would you both like some breakfast? Don't worry about the building, this man should take care of it for the next few hours."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:53 pm

Elliott starts to put on his armor and points to the minstrel. "Yeah, I'm pretty hungry. Is he...?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:41 am

Layla begins to walk off. "I gave him food before he started to play. Oh and don't worry Carly I won't keep him their all day." Carly follows behind Layla and her straight face changes to a more relived one. "Alright, As long as your not harming random citizens again." Layla chuckles at her words. "Don't worry, I'll even find a way to compensate him." You walk for a few minutes until you come across a nice restaurant that seems to be serving several people. "This looks like a nice place to eat." Carly charges forward ahead of both you and Layla. "Pancakes now!"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:13 am

After Elliott gets his armor on, he channels his Iron Heart Endurance to shrug off some of the soreness from yesterday's matches. Elliott refrains from reminding Layla that giving his mind back didn't count as compensation. "I'd hate if he became a liability. If he starts building just an inch off, we're going to have to demo it and start from where he screwed up." He catches up to Carly and orders several slices of thick seared ham, 3 scrambled eggs, a loaf of hearty wheat bread, a small block of swiss, and hot tea with lemon and sugar.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:01 am

Layla orders a small amount of food just a couple eggs and some biscuits. Carly orders as much as you and starts breathing it in once it arrives. "You can rest assured, the lyre is the one doing the building. And blueprints are easy to read. If he keeps looking at them then everything should be fine."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:37 am

Elliott cuts the bread and makes little ham, egg, and swiss sandwiches. He feels good about today. "So the building company gave me an estimate like a few months to build it, and you're making magnificent progress. Do you have a guess as to when everything will be done?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:56 pm

Layla thinks for a moment. "Well I played for about 6 hours before that man approached me, and he's been playing for about 5 hours now. So the whole building should be done in about another 4 hours."Carly gets a surprised look on her face. "Well that's fast."
"It is isn't it, really quite efficient." She takes a few more bites of her food in a polite manner, while Carly continues to practically inhale her food.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next