D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elliott in Suzail

4 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Elliott in Suzail Empty Elliott in Suzail

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:11 am

Elliott lets the kid touch the dragon head. When the kid touches it, he shakes the head and yells in a playful not-traumatizing kinda way. He looks at Carly, "What?" He throws the head over his shoulders and starts off after the old man. "Hey, Layla. Remember those soulknives we killed that were the leaders of the resistance? I left some of the items I got from them with a magic shop in Eveningstar. The owner's name is (insert his name here). There's no way he doesn't have them identified by now. Could you either pick them up and sell them for me while I get this thing mounted or take me there afterward to do it myself?"

(Does she still wear that creepy mask of lies?)
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Elliott in Suzail Empty Re: Elliott in Suzail

Post by Valor Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:03 am

(It would be in her pocket, but she isn't wearing it. She has a amulet,ring,cloak, and bracers)
Layla pauses for a brief moment. "Do I look like an errand girl to you?" She sighs and looks around at all the people who are still speechless at the events that have unfolded. "But I suppose it beats staying here with simpletons, I'm sure I can locate the shop you're talking about." In a blast of purple light she disappears. Carly sprints a few steps to catch up to you. "Hey Elliott where are we going to store this thing until we get the guild hall up and running." She takes a look around at all the shocked citizens who are now watching you closely as well as several guards. "Well at least we made an impression, that's a good start right?" After following the man a little farther he stops at what appears to be a small shop. Then he walks over beside you. "I'll take it from here." He grabs hold of the dragon head and slides it across the ground. The he starts taking some wood pieces and nailing them together in order to make a mount big enough to put the head on. "I used to be an adventurer you know, never quite slayed a dragon the size of this one. Oh I would have loved to seen it." He continues working and his mind seems to wonder. After a few minutes Layla walks up and joins you. "I brought you some gold Elliott." Carly jumps at the sudden familiar voice. "Hey when did you learn to sneak around like that?" Layla chuckles at her. "It's pretty easy when you can levitate." She turns to you and pulls out a bag of coins. "It's the equivalent of 130,200 gold. I thought you'd be satisfied." The old man perks up a bit when he hears the number that Layla said. "My, my you young ones sure have a lot of gold. You'd never have to work another day in your lives if you settled down with that."
"Are lives have started long before you were born."
"Oh, is that so? Well you seem to be rather simple people. The power to slay a dragon and here you are in the town of Suzail. Just what is it you plan to do?" Carly gets up and begins to walk away. "I'm going to scout out the town a little, Elliott I'll let you tell man your lives story. Just don't forget to tell him all my important parts." Layla takes the spot where Carly was sitting. And crosses her legs. The sun was starting to go down and the town was quickly becoming dark. "My plans are my own and we'll leave it at that. As for Carly I think she just wants excitement." The old man doesn't stop working but gives you a glance. "And what about you?"

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:57 pm

Elliott thanks Layla, "I appreciate it. Sorry to send you like that, but you are the one that can teleport and it would have taken me over a week to make the trip on foot. If you ever need something large cut up into small pieces in a hurry, I'm your guy." The old man asks his question. "In my youth, all I wanted was to be a master swordsman and for everybody to know it. Now that I'm here and killing dragons for spending money, I want to teach what I've learned to the young and start my own martial academy. My students will be contracted as mercenaries to test their skills and pay their debts to the academy. I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for, but I think this is the first step in finding it."

(I'm just realizing that Elliott is 2,500 years old with a wisdom score of 12. You're giving him existential questions about his purpose in life, and he has no clue. Old fool.)
(Also, what were the items?)
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:03 pm

(Bracers of armor +8
Ring of protection +5
Gloves of Dexterity +6
Headband of health +6)

The old man nods his head. "Yeah, that's usually the case when people get old. They need to pass down everything to the youth. Let them have a go at it." He gets up and lights some lanterns so he has the light to continue working. After working for around another hour or so he finishes and present you with a mounted dragon head. "Well this is quite the trophy, you hang this up and I'm sure everyone will want to train under you." He gets up again and starts putting out the lanterns. "So this may be a ridiculous question but do you's needs a place to sleep?" Carly walks up as he's asking his question. "I'm sure we'll be fine." She takes out a small map and hands it too you. "That's a map of the city, it has area's for sale outlined on it, thought it could be helpful."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:10 pm

Elliott takes the map. Another pro of picking the biggest city: lots of options. "Thank you, Carly. We can scope out properties tomorrow. If that's too boring for you, I'm sure you can entertain yourself in the arena." He smiles slightly at her, folds the map, and puts it in his pocket with the map of the province. The head looked much better now that it looked alive again. "You do good work, sir. And much quicker than I expected. What's your fee?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:59 pm

The old man lets out a laugh. "Oh I'm retired I don't charge any more, I just wanted the company of some adventurers again. Thank you for entertaining an old man." He laughs again as he puts out the final lantern. "Good luck with your training hall I'm sure you'll do a fine job." He opens the door to his house and walks inside closing it behind him.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Elliott is impressed by the man's generosity and slides a platinum coin beneath the man's door. The preservative chemicals he used couldn't have been cheap. If Elliott killed another beast whose head needed mounting, he knew who he was coming to. "Alright then, are we sleeping on your plane, Layla?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:49 am

"That's certainly fine with me." Layla reaches out her hands and teleports everyone back to her plane. This time you arrive in the main room. "You didn't see them before, but I in fact have exactly two guest bedrooms upstairs. Both are the same so take your pick." Carly runs up the stairs and heads off to the right side. "I call this one!" Layla watches her run off and follows slowly making her way to the spiral staircase then she simply floats up to the top and lands back on the floor. "My room is in the center so that'll leave the room on the left for you Elliott." She walks off to her room.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:44 am

Elliott thanks Layla and goes to his room to sleep for the night.

If nothing happens, he wakes up, eats, and practices his forms in the courtyard for a while. When he sees either sister he greets them good morning. When he sees Layla, he gets ready to teleport back to Suzail.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:35 am

When everyone is awake Layla takes a look around her plane. "I really need someone to cook breakfast for me." She sighs. "Oh well, back to Suzail we go." She teleports everyone back to Suzail in a bright blast of purple light.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:22 am

When they appear, "I need to find an architect or engineer to start planning this hall before I buy the land for it. It's going to take some time to build, so we can use that time to make names for ourselves in the arena. Shouldn't have a problem finding mercs after we're famous. Layla, I want you with me for planning. Carly, go win an arena match or two real quick. You deserve it." Elliott uses the map and searches for an architect.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:47 am

Carly gets a wide smile across her face. "Alright, I'll go breath on them and see how long it takes them to fall over." she runs off with bloodlust in her eyes. Layla turns and watches her run off into the distance towards the arena. "She worries me sometimes. But anyway what are we doing about this guild hall now?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:30 am

Elliott sets off with purpose. "We plan the building, then we buy a piece of land big enough to build it on. Then we contract a building crew to build it. While they're building it, Carly and I fight in the arena to get the people to know us. Once the building is built, we start accepting trainees from the arena. We don't accept anybody who hasn't at least won something in the arena. I train them for a couple weeks, and then they're ready to start taking jobs. They do jobs and make money for us. Once we get 50 mercs turning out a job or two a week, we build a legacy and a fat pocketbook. With prestige and resources, I can build an empire, Carly can kill even more stuff than before, and you can pursue hidden knowledge with no restraints. We all get what we want. It all starts with getting the right architect, then the right land, then the right building company and magic item source. Then the real work begins. I've been thinking about this for a decade or two, and now it's starting to become real."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:09 am

Layla stands still for a moment with a smile. "So this is an actual ambition of yours. I knew that you had been thinking about it. But now it seems this is something that you're actually going to bring into fruition." She smiles and looks up at the sky. "All right Elliott, I'm not the biggest fan of having people rule over me. Dorvelia was the exception seeing as how she became a deity. But I suppose having you as an emperor won't be so bad either." She lowers her head back down and starts looking around the town. "So first thing's first. Let's get this guild built. We'll need to see the mayor about buying property right?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:32 pm

Elliott laughs heartily. "I want nothing of politics. The only empire I want is an empire of merc companies. You asked to be a part of it, and you can leave whenever you feel like it. I'm still not sure what I can offer you besides the occasional adventure and the opportunity to probe the minds of my men. In my hall, I'll be the master. On your plane, you're the master. I expect we can respect one another in our separate domains as equals. If I start ruling over you, you go back to getting just a finger, got it?" She asks her question as they come to an architectural establishment. "Right, but we need to know how big it will be first. I hope this is the right place for the job." Elliott approaches whoever appears to be in charge. "Excuse me. I'm looking to build a structure in the city. I'm looking for someone to draft a blueprint and get an estimate of costs. Who would I see for that?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:15 pm

The secretary stands up and waves her arm gesturing you to follow her. she doesn't say anything but walks up through a door and down a hallway all the way to the end before stopping at the last door on the right side of the hallway. Then she bows to you and walks back to her desk. When you go through the door a man will be sitting at another desk looking out of a window. He quickly spins around and faces you when he hears the door open. "Ah. Hello, hello. How can I help you?" you tell him what you want. "Drafting a blueprint will only cost you 3 gold." After you do all the work of creating the blueprint he works out the total for the whole building. "This is quite expensive. Being able to create the whole thing will cost you 578,350 gold pieces. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just buy a castle instead?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Elliott feels a bit of a rush seeing his guild on paper. "I need one with these specifications. The adamantine double vault is important, and I would rather have the guild in the city to attract business. The wide portcullises will display my men training to potential clients on the streets. No castle is going to serve the purposes that this complex will. The summoning stones and the platform of healing are necessary for live training and can be purchased later, but I would prefer to get them now. The portal can come later, but I still need the adamantine vault for it built now. No. This is what I want." Elliott looks at Layla to get her to bend the man's mind, 'Now, Layla,' he thinks loudly. He turns back to the architect and tries to get a better price.

Diplomacy: +17 (31)

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:17 pm; edited 6 times in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:19 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 14

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:00 am

Layla's eyes open wide and the man holds his head for a brief moment. "Yes, I do believe that price was unreasonable for such well mannered individual's such as yourselves. Forgive me for asking so much." He takes out some paper and does some recalculations. "Yes, I think a more reasonable asking price would be 491,597 gold. Is that better?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:23 am

Elliott smiles. "That sounds like a doable price to me. I'll give you 264,276 now for beginning work on the structures and walls. When those are done, I'll give you the rest for furnishings and other items." After signing a contract, Elliott counts out the coins and hands them over. He shakes the builder's hand, and heads to the governor's place of business to buy property.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:27 am

As you come to the governors courthouse (were they called court houses?) Several purple dragons stand guard with long swords and shields while some of the more decorative soldiers wield halberds. Through the front door a lady sits at a desk. "Hello, welcome to the Suzail courthouse how may I help you today?" She puts on a bright overwhelming smile. Layla's thoughts echo in your mind. "I wonder if she gets paid by how big she smiles." Layla walks up to her. "Hello, we are here to talk to the mayor about purchasing property in Suzail." The lady gets a puzzled look on her face. "I'm afraid you can't just walk in and ask for a presence with the mayor, you need to make an appointment if you wish to discuss such manners." Layla raises an eyebrow. "You must have forgotten that we did make an appointment."
"Oh, so you did. Excuse me for forgetting, follow me I shall take you to his office." She stands up and two purple dragons join her as guards as you all walk up two flights of stairs placed beside her desk then down a hallway to find some large doors. The two guards each open one door revealing the mayors office. Once you and Layla are inside the two guards close the doors behind you. The mayor looks up from his paper work and gives you a stern look. "Is there some type of emergency, I don't know either of you. Why are you here?"
"We are here to discuss purchasing property in Suzail."
"What! You think you can just walk in here without any type of appointment and discuss such common things!?" Layla raises her eyebrow again.
"I said hello, we are here to discuss the property we are planning on buying in Suzail." More of her thoughts echo in your mind. "These people and their appointments are really annoying." The man puts up all the paper work that he was writing on and takes out a map of the city. "Of course, of course. My apologies. So how can I help you today?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:44 pm

(I had no idea. That's why I said place of business. I hoped you knew.)

Elliott doesn't even know what an appointment is. 2,500 years ago he or anybody could just walk up to the king with inquiries and business. That was back when politicians were public servants. He assumes things were different now.

Elliott steps forward. "Sir, I'm looking to purchase a property at least 36,000 square feet that is at least 120 feet by 300 feet preferably in a high traffic area near the arena with a road on at least three sides. Do you have any properties that meet that specification?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:37 pm

He looks around at the different properties listed on his map. "Yes I think we can find a nice area for you just across the street from the arena." He does some calculations. "40,000 gold should cover all the costs."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:08 pm

Elliott tries to negotiate a better price, hoping Layla works her magic.

(Is "working her magic" an appropriate phrase with psions since they're not arcane? Hoping she works her psionics just doesn't have the same ring.)

Diplomacy: +17 (29)

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:08 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 12

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down