D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draxor In Suzail

3 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Draxor In Suzail - Page 4 Empty Re: Draxor In Suzail

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:22 pm

(If you're trying to scare him with Aeryn, that would be an intimidate check if you roll well, it might affect what he says here. Also, I see you keep adding your 1d6. Are you in punishing stance while you talk, or will you take the stance as a free action right before you swing?)

He doesn't swing his crowbar. "I'm not robbing the store. Well... I am, but I don't want money or anything. The jerk that owns this place is blackmailing my friend's family and they're going to lose their house and farm soon if he keeps doing it. All I want is the evidence he's using to blackmail them. It should be just one sheet of paper, and he shouldn't even have it in the first place! I can't let my friend be homeless because of his dad's mistake, so I'm NOT leaving without that paper."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:20 am

(i take the stance when i'm about to swing) What is he blackmailing him with? How can we tell your not lying? What do you think we should do Aeryn?

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:31 am

"He's blackmailing him with a secret, and the paper has proof of the secret. If I tell you two, you'll have leverage over my friend too, and I'm not exactly soaring in my faith in humanity at the moment. You probably can't tell whether or not I'm lying, but the fact that I'm the only one with a sheathed sword at the moment should say something about my intentions."
(you ask Aeryn)
"Well, the contract said we need to protect the store owner's property. I feel that would include any stolen property currently in his possession. Perhaps you and I can do some searching tonight, and if we find any incriminating evidence on another person, then that will lend some credibility to this guy's story. Even if he's telling the truth and we let him steal something to protect his friend's family, breaking a contract on purpose like that because of a conflict of interest will NOT look good to Elliott."
"Elliott? Dammit. Elliott the Undying? You guys are freaking Undying Mercs?"
"Well, yeah."
The thief takes off his metal mask, and you recognize him as a halfling that you see a couple times a month taking private lessons from Elliott. He doesn't stay at the guild hall and very rarely he'll take a contract that's too dangerous for students to take.
"So my options are let my friend go homeless, or disappoint Elliott by breaking one of his contracts. Great."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:54 pm

I Agree Aeryn, we can at least look for the evidence. but what should we do with the halfling? (starts talking to the halfling) Since you are a Student of Elliot's,(Sheathes sword) Can I trust you to either wait there or help us look for it, since neither me nor Aeryn knows what to look for. I do not want to break the contract without sure reason, I almost failed the test to get this contract. Can you tell us the blackmail at least, and we can look? (ill do a diplomacy check +5(17)

Last edited by Johnny11 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:54 pm

The member 'Johnny11' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 12

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:33 am

"Even if we can't trust him, Elliott might have some strong feelings about him breaking a contract. If he was going to kill us to keep Elliott from finding out, he wouldn't be holding a crowbar. So it seems his hands are tied as well. If we do find anything, it can't leave the store yet. We should have a plan on how to stop the extortion without breaking the contract before making our first move. Agreed?"
The Halfling sticks the crowbar into his belt. "Plans are good to have. I came here to find it, so I'd be happy to help. I heard it's just a sheet of paper. Might be in an envelope. Either way it will have a black wax seal on it. It's the... the seal of the Thieves guild. My friend's dad did a deal with them. It's a key crossed with a dagger. If you find it, let me know."
Aeryn starts looking behind the counter, and the halfling goes upstairs to the office area.

Search checks: +1, +3 (3, 22)

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:33 am

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 2, 19

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:55 pm

As they search Draxor guards the place, same spot as before.

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:14 pm

After 20 minutes or so, the halfling comes down the stairs. ”Ooh, buddy. Lookie lookie what I found behind a trap door.”
He holds out a large piece of paper and on it are some tailoring notes and specifications for some kind of hooded jumpsuit with hidden pouches, sleeve dagger holders, a mask, and very specific red and black dyes. "Well that looks... nefarious. Whoever this guy is making this suit for is either really into the Masquerade of Liars (Halloween), or is up to absolutely no good. No sign of your extortion paper?"
"Nope, but this might be better if we can find out what it is. Some kind of cult ceremonial attire?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:47 pm

Ill do a knowledge check although I don't believe my character would know any cult action unless it was in a contract. He could've heard some gossip about it at the market, but he wasn't really looking for information. [Local knowledge +2(11)]Well whatever it is, remember to put it back, and make sure the trap door was in the same spot as it was before. I don't think he would like it if we asked questions about it. You two can look for the paper still, but idk what else we can do tonight to help your friend.

Last edited by Johnny11 on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:51 pm

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:51 pm

'd20' : 9

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:57 am

As you're thinking, you hear "Does the hood have a red line down the middle, or is it all black?" (The hood is all black.)
Aeryn and the Halfling keep looking at the paper. "We have to figure out what this is though. If this is something incriminating, we could use it as leverage to stop the blackmail."
"How will we use it as leverage without admitting to letting you in to snoop?"
"Stripe or no stripe?"
"Good question... If you tell him to not tell anybody using this as double leverage, then nobody will know."
"Maybe... I don't like it though."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:58 am

Guys, keep your voice down, can't you hear that?  Quick, put everything away. Quick Try Hiding. Draxor says, scanning the area for the voice, (Im going to say thats spot) D20 +1(7) then a hiding check (im going with agility) +2(11) He hides behind the door with Aeryn's practice sword.

Last edited by Johnny11 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:24 pm; edited 4 times in total

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:58 am

'd20' : 6

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:07 am

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:07 am

'd20' : 9

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Aeryn and the halfling look at you confusedly. As you're getting behind the door, Aeryn looks around too. "Woah, yeah ummm. There's no stripes on the hood."
"Who are you talking to? Is there something in the air up there?"
"You can't hear her talking?"
"Who?"
Aeryn looks around again. "How could you possibly-"
Aeryn's posture straightens up sharply and his eyes turn a milky gray. He speaks "Stop asking questions and listen. It's the uniform of the Assassin's guild. The Cult of Belial has a uniform that looks similar, but has a stripe down the hood. The Tailoring Guildmaster has lost a family member to the Assassin's recently and the shop owner is afraid of getting kicked out of the guild over making uniforms for the assassins. So do what you will with that information."
Aeryn's shoulders fall a bit. "- know what the Assassin's guild uniform looks like?" Aeryn looks around, and the halfling looks at the two of you with wide eyes.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:51 pm

As Draxor gets out from behind the door he says "... Well that was certainly interesting. Well Halfling, you do have the information you need. Question is, who gave us the information using Aeryn's body as a sort of vocal projection"
(would there be a check for me to understand something like that.)

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:56 am

"Huh, vocal projection?"
"This is weird. I can't exactly put these plans back because I had to pry the door open with the crowbar. It's obviously been broken into just like that door. I think I should take these plans to confront the shop owner. Maybe he'll trade the plans for the blackmail."
"Yeah, but what about us? If you do that, then we'll have failed the contract to keep everything safe. Plus what if he's got security at his house too? You get caught with stolen plans, and what then? Bad idea. I say you confront him on his way here but leave the plans here. Master Elliott is the most important person to keep happy right now. Just make the threat that if he doesn't stop threatening your friend, then you go to the guards or the tailoring guild and ruin his business and get him thrown in prison."
"Yeah, but then he says yes to shut me up, fires you for failing to keep his information safe, then moves the plans so we can't find them. Then we've lost our leverage and your contract. I'm taking the plans, and him keeping quiet about the contract will be part of the deal for him to get them back. I get my friend freed, you keep Elliott's contract. Win-win."
"So when you eventually do give them back, what's stopping him from squealing to Elliott then? He NEEDS to think we scared or fought you off BEFORE you stole anything."
The halfling sits down and puts his head in his hands. "There's no good way to do this, is there? I'm not good at manipulating people like this."
"Draxor, any ideas?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:52 am

Could we copy the information, he probably has some paper and ink in his office? Because if we fixed the door and the trapdoor, we would have the information, and he wouldn't know. Halfling, do you know any carpenters (or blacksmiths depending on what part it broke) that would help you fix the door by this morning? Aeryn, I know Elliot wouldn't like it, but would the Tailor break the contract if we were "beaten up" because I think if we could fix the doors, I would believe he wouldn't notice anything, but just in case, we could say someone broke in during shift changes and beat us up. What do you guys think? I will search for the paper and ink, and was there anything else in the are where he found the note, or if there were anything else in his office (I'll do 2 searches, 1 for the paper and ink, and another for where he found the note D20+1(2) +1(20)

Last edited by Johnny11 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:52 am

'd20' : 1, 19

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:41 pm

Aeryn finds some paper and ink for you while you find the open trapdoor in the office area. It has been pried open with pieces of wood splintered and on the floor. "Yeah, I know a guy. And he probably won't ask questions, but waking him up to do a job in the middle of the night won't be cheap."
"Okay, so we fix the trap door and you get disabled while I'm the hero who eventually ran the robber off. Sounds good."
"Okay, then I take a copy of the assassin's uniform plans and confront him later and threaten to expose him to the guards or his guild master if he doesn't hand over the blackmail he has over my friend."
The halfling starts to leave and puts his mask back on. "I'll get my carpenter guy. We can take care of staging the fight shortly before the owner gets back so we don't have to be in pain for long before going back to the guild and using the healing pad. I'm trusting you guys to still have those plans when I get back."

Aeryn starts working on copying the plans.

Craft Art check: +1 (18) (You can roll one also to help him. It's intelligence based.)

About half an hour later (assuming you stick to the plan), the halfling comes back with a dwarf carrying a set of chisels and some wood. He fixes the trapdoor as best as he can. The halfling hands him a halfling sized handful of gold. The dwarf gives him a look and receives a second handful of gold. He tips his hat to you all. "Pleasure, gents. Good luck with whatever you're up to. Don't get caught."

After everything is taken care of, Aeryn gives the halfling the copy of the plans and he tucks them into his belt and lies down on the floor. "If anyone actually breaks in, I'll kill them for you. Keep a watch down the Western street and let me know when you see the owner coming. Then I can stab you and your friend can cut me just in time for the owner to see me running away."
"Good plan. I agree."

Aeryn takes the next watch and runs down the stairs with his sword out, "HERE HE COMES!"
The halfling jumps up, draws his rapier, and looks at you. "It shouldn't hurt too bad if I get your legs. You ready, mercs?" He slides his mask back on.
Aeryn prepares his sword to counterattack and nods his head.

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:41 pm

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 17

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny11 Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:04 pm

Draxor sticks to the plan, and when aeryn copies the note, Draxor would stand guard, thinking of what he got himself into. When the halfling prepares to strike our legs, I pull out Aeryn's training sword. Don't worry about hurting us, just don't kill us. I say, preparing for a "fight". (figuring I don't need initiation since im just getting stabed)

Johnny11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next