D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phinneas in Irieabor

3 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Phinneas in Irieabor - Page 3 Empty Re: Phinneas in Irieabor

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:31 pm

(It doesn't deal any kind of damage, but I'm going to have it at least be uncomfortable. If you get to use Asmodeous' power AND keep your soul when you die, tingly hands is a good deal.)

Andra only gets sparks for the next few days, and you start getting sparks the next day. Emmerson doesn't get sparks for a week. By the end of two weeks, you and Andra can channel it to fully cover your hands and Emmerson starts getting a pool of fire in his hands. At night, Roderick takes you all out up the Chionthar river for a week and a half and teaches you all to throw fire in the river far away from the city. You learn to fashion it into a spear and hurl it great distances, Andra learns to summon swarms of bats, and Emmerson is just starting to get the hang of covering his sword in fire.

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:42 pm

(That's a good point but he's probably going to lose his soul anyways when he goes hellfire warlock)
Within those two weeks he would have dug two graves and buried his parents and held a small funeral session for him and his siblings, and Roderick and Doreen if they wished to come. After giving them their respects he devotes himself wholly to his training. As his control over the eldritch power grows he starts to turn his thoughts toward Nabadach and the reason for his training. "Uncle Roderick we've made great strides and can wield it upon command now. Will you finally tell us where Nabadach is so we can deal with him ourselves?"
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:55 am

Roderick and Doreen attend the service. Both speak in memory of their friends. Several other people attend, but you've never met them. None of them speak, but some seem very moved by their deaths.

Roderick shrugs. "I don't know where he is. I don't have a clue. I'm sure you could get a mage to scry on him and find his location though. The bards might do it, but I would go to a wizard or sorcerer myself."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:33 am

"But Aunt Doreen figured out his name, you mean you can't tell us where he is? Where would we even find any sorcerors around here?"
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Roderick sighs. "Honestly, your best bet would be Elversult. The king's battlemages usually do spellcasting for the public for a fee. I've heard that fee is steep, but you can be certain they'll be there and they'll do it for you." Emmerson says, "I've got like 15 gold. No royal battlemages are going to help us for that." Andra says, "Yeah, I've got about 10. Phinneas?"

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:57 pm

"I've got roughly 75 gold pieces stashed away, but spells are expensive I'm not sure even that would be enough..." He looks and Andra and Emmerson and being purposefully vague says "Maybe our distant relatives could help? On mom's side of the family?"
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:58 am

Emmerson huffs. "Those were just stories anyway." Andra brushes him off, "Grandma Silverbrow? We haven't seen her in years. Do you think she would even recognize us?"

Andra Bluff check: +10 (28)

You understand clearly that she is wondering if a dragon would help you even if you found one.

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:58 am

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 18

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:39 am

"I'm not sure if she would or not but mom always said she was a great person. She's what, a two or three week's walk? Wouldn't it be at least worth the effort? Plus she's supposedly a talented mage she might be able to teach us a thing or two that'd go well with our new powers."
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:09 pm

"Arcane spells won't combine with eldritch power. You'd be better off just studying one or the other. You've already almost spent a month becoming warlocks, and arcane spells sometimes take a decade or more to see progress on. Do you really want to wait that long? I could find and kill Nabadach by myself by the time you could cast dancing lights." 
Andra sighs. "He's right, but that doesn't mean she couldn't help. Maybe she would do our scrying for us. It was her granddaughter that was murdered after all." 
Emmerson stands up. "You guys are going to get yourselves killed over mom's stories is what you're going to do. Why don't we just sell the house and use the money to pay the king's mages? I don't want to live there anymore seeing mom and dad every day, do you?" 
Roderick holds up his hand. "Hold on. Hold on. Killed? Where does this old lady live?"
"I'm not actually sure."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:08 pm

"We uh... Don't actually know" he quickly adds "Mother always told us how powerful she was though.. And you said yourself you couldn't find Nabadach" He sends Andra and Emmerson a questioning look
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:15 am

Emmerson chuckles smugly and goes outside. Andra gives you the same lost look. "In the time it took you three to start casting arcane spells, I could go town to town begging for money, pay the royal battlemages' fees for scrying, beg some more, get a battlemage to teleport me to him, kill him, then walk home in time for your graduation from Granny Silverhead's wizards' academy. I could find him, I just don't know right now."
Andra sits down. "This isn't the point. If we used a scrying spell to find her, we might as well just use it to find him."
Doreen softly speaks from the doorway to another room. "There is a way I could ask Asmodeous, but it requires a ... sacrifice."
"We don't need to go quite-"
"What kind of sacrifice?"
"Well, I don't particularly enjoy doing-"
"What. Kind. Of. Sacrifice?"
"Asmodeous generally requires a soul. Willing or otherwise."
"Not mine. That's for sure. Phinneas, you want to give up your soul to find this guy? Please don't actually say yes to that."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:55 am

"Not mine. No, if I'm going to sell my soul it's going to be for a much higher price and only when there's no other options left. Aunt Doreen, you said they don't have to be willing? Emmerson do your Purple Dragon pals have anyone scheduled for execution anyways that we could steal..?" (He would walk outside before addressing Emmerson and leave the part about the soul out) He looks slightly scared but is determined to see this thing through no matter what the cost is.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:24 am

He's sitting on the front step. "Yeah, there's always scum lined up for the block. They're all in the jail. Obviously." He looks at you. "Your eyes are all buggy. What's up? Did you see a dragon?" He nudges your shoulder and chuckles smugly.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:59 am

"Aunt Doreen has a way to locate Nabadach... Problem is it requires killing someone... So if we could get our hands on one of the people scheduled for death anyways... Then that'd be okay? Right..?"
Bluff Check to leave out vital information (+2): 17

Last edited by Zaueski on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:59 am

The member 'Zaueski' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 15

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:43 pm

Emmerson turns to you. "Not like anybody would miss a criminal that went missing, but I don't know how you're going to get the guards to just give up a prisoner. They violated the law, so the law puts them down. Executions are usually public, so whoever the criminal offended will want to see their justice too. So I guess you'd have to get the guards and the offended to give up the death." 
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:03 pm

"You've been through similar things before... Would it be easier to break them out or talk them out? I never paid much attention to the guardsmen."
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:21 pm

(Page 8 of the Complete Arcane errata says that the raw eldritch blast counts as an invocation, so it's no longer BaB dependent. I apologize for any inconvenience.)

"I just train with them. I don't actually know their policies. I was planning on signing up before Mom and Dad... Yeah. I'm sure we could ask around, but that's an internal affairs issue. I'm just a civilian with friends in the army."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:35 am

(It won't matter til i get a second attack anyways, ill take the invocation and the feat later)
"Well I know they can't watch us while we have the body. So I'm leaning towards breaking someone out and leaving a false trail... Unless you think your connections are strong enough to take a prisoner no questions asked..."
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:50 pm

"No can do. I know the captain's name of the unit I train with, but I'd never have dinner at his house or anything. I don't think you'd be able to bust anyone out of the jail. They keep death row prisoners locked up pretty tight. The governor could excuse a prisonner, but if they killed someone, I don't want them just walking free." He turns to look down the street again. "I don't want to deny someone else their justice because we're going after ours, you know?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:07 pm

"I know. But they wouldn't be denied justice. It would just be unseen to them. And we could always leave the head behind for them. You know like closure and all that. Well try to remember what you can and I'll try to weigh the possibilities out." He heads back inside to talk about it with Andra privately. "I was thinking. We need a soul right? What if we bust someone out of deathrow and perform the execution ourselves after Aunt Doreen's ritual?"
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:19 am

"It makes sense. It might even be fun. What's your plan?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:25 am

"I was hoping Emmerson could help but he doesn't know that much more than us. I'm skeptical of us actually making it in and out of there with a prisoner... Maybe if we could perform the rite in the prison.. But how would we get out? Maybe it would be easier to go see our ancestors... Unless, maybe Uncle Roderick or Aunt Doreen could teleport us out? Or should we do this on our own?"
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:00 am

"If we do this, we'll need their help. Aunt Doreen might know how to teleport, but how do we kill a prisoner and perform a ritual without alerting the guards?"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next