D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phinneas in Irieabor

3 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Phinneas in Irieabor - Page 7 Empty Re: Phinneas in Irieabor

Post by Zaueski Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:59 pm

"A what blade? Emmerson calm down we have a guest." He says glancing pointedly at Zorrakas.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:28 pm

Emmerson throws out his arms. "Don't tell me to calm down! They want to send me to-" He notices Zorrakas's horns and shuts the door quickly. "Wait. Is he a...?"
"Devil. Yes." Zorrakas stands and bows ostentatiously. "Zorrakas. Harvester of the Pit Fiend Yaobbacuus who claims this city for Archduke Asmodeous." 
"That's nice, dude. Real nice. Listen, guys, they think I'm a duskblade. It's not my fault. That jackoff Pvt. Velcum kept hitting me with his club when we were supposed to be sparring. They're going to send me to Elversult to be a battlemage! What the hell?"
Roderick storms in from anoyher room, "You used your hideous blow, didn't you? In front of people? How many times have I told you not to do that? Are you crazy, Emmerson?"
Emmerson looks like a deer in the headlights. "What? No. It was his fault. He kept hitting me."
"A duskblade is a battlemage that channels spells through their swords. Look me in the eyes and tell me that you didn't use hideous blow on another person in public." 
Emmerson looks at his feet. "Only like 9 Purple Dragons saw it. No civilians." Emmerson grits his teeth and looks up at Roderick. "So what though? You're not supposed to hit people in the head during sparring with no helmets. And then he laughed at me too! I should have hit him with it again. He pissed me off and had it coming."
Roderick steps up into his face. "So what? SO WHAT? You've just risked exposing my whole family to the public, and you've pissed me off. Does that mean you have it coming too?"
"Roderick. Calm down. It's our Emmerson you're talking to."
"Sheesh. All I see is a problem that needs fixing. Why don't we solve it and move on?"
Roderick points a red flaming finger at Zorrakas. "Says the soul-stealer. If we get executed over this, who really wins, huh? Who gets my wife's soul to spend like a coin?"
Doreen leans over in her chair and takes one of Roderick's flaming hands in her own. She winces in pain but holds him tighter. "Roderick. That's quite enough. Don't you think?"
He looks down at her, and the flames turn green briefly before going out. "Zorrakas. You've had your tea, and your contract was made. Will you please leave my house?"
"A deal is a deal after all." Zorrakas stands and readorns his concealing hat making him look vaguely half-elven again. "Until next time, my friend."
Doreen nods. "Farewell."
Zorakkas exits into the late afternoon streets. There's an uncomfortable silence as Emmerson feels too ashamed to speak, Andra is unsure of what to do, Rodrick is calming down, and Doreen folds her singed hands in her lap and says nothing.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:05 pm

After a moment of uncomfortable silence, "Em, they think you're a duskblade? So we're not in any danger yet... but if you try to play this out you'll be discovered eventually which will lead back to us. So that leaves us with three options I can see. One, Emmerson takes the fall and dies alone.(If he tries to interrupt) Quiet let me finish! Two, we all fight and eventually die against the church's massive reach. Or three, we run. I for one don't want to die and we're still mostly packed... I say we disappear and make it a mystery before anyone figures anything out. Aunt and Uncle I don't think they'll come after you but we need to leave." He looks expectantly at his siblings.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:38 am

Roderick sits down and takes Doreen's hands kissing each one then holding them. "Being a duskblade isn't a crime, but assaulting a member of the King's army is. They'll likely demand that you pay for your crimes by serving as a royal battlemage. The churches shouldn't get involved unless the guards uncover the cults in the area, and that's exactly what will happen if they search this house looking for you, Emmerson. I think leaving town for a while might be good for you guys. There's no way we're leaving the house here unattended. We can get a message to you once Doreen completes the divination ritual."
"We could lie low in Asbravn or Easting until you get to us."
"Why don't we go to Berdusk? Beating up orcs in the games sounds like a fun way to pass the time."
"Then Berdusk is exactly where we're not going to go. I wish there was a way to know which way we needed to go before we left."
"The ritual only takes 10 minutes, but I'm not going to do it until I know that the prisoner died."
Emmerson goes up the stairs and starts packing his things. "In 10 minutes, the guards might be here already. We've got to go!"
Andra lays her head down on the table and says loudly, "I'm so tired from today. Walking to another town is the last thing I want to do right now."
Emmerson calls down from upstairs. "Tell that to the guards when they come for me. I'll carry your stuff for you, wimp."
Andra lifts her head slightly and smiles, "Fantastic." She goes to pack.
After you've all packed, Doreen hugs you all and Roderick shakes your hand. "If you want me to sell Ferb's house for you, I can send you some money on the road. Or you can keep the house for a rainy day. Know you'll always have a place at our house if you need it."
"Ooh, you all be careful now. Anyone gives you trouble, don't hesitate to burn their faces off. Better them than you."
Once you get a few steps from Roderick and Doreen's house, Andra says, "North or East?"
"West and to Berdusk, my minions!"
"No, and hell no. You don't get to have any fun on this trip. This is your fault we have to leave."
"If you would have let me come along and kill the prisoner for you, this wouldn't have happened and we would be able to do the ritual to find Nabadach. So really this is your fault for needing to be sneaky all the time."
"Can you shut up for a few days please?"
"Wanna carry your crap all over the province yourself?"
"I've changed my mind. Talk as much as you want after we decide. Elversult is East, so we might run into soldiers that way, but the North isn't exactly civilized territory. I vote for whatever Phinneas votes for as long as it's anything but West or South."
"WEST!"
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:13 pm

"East, West, and South are all blocked for one reason or another... That leaves north then. I vote we take a rest in Asbravn and then move onto Hluthvar and that should be far enough away to escape detection. Thank you Uncle for everything, we may visit again but I doubt we'll ever live here again so sell the house if you can and send the money forward" He kisses them on the cheek, packs his bag and sets out into the town. "Em, hang back out of sight for a second I'm going to go buy trail rations and then we'll leave" He goes and buys trail rations unless there are objections. (I already have it deducted for me, can I just do market value for them and fast forward to us leaving?)
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:43 pm

"Hey, hold on. Some of the soldiers know you. I've got 10 days of rations for me. That will get us to Ashbravn just fine. You both can thank me for being prepared once we get out. If they see you in the market, there might be trouble." He has a rather large backpack with two bedrolls on the top and a tent on the bottom, a shovel and a waterskin on one side, and a 50 foot rope with a grappling hook on the other. "I've got us covered. Let's get out." He heads for the North Gate. Andra says, "I'll get him to wait a couple hundred yards out of the gate if you want to get some supplies," then walks after him.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:57 am

He does a few calculations in his head and hopes their math is right before following. "Fine but everyone is stocking up in Ashbravn. I don't want to be on the road so under prepared for long." When they reach the gate if there's no issues he turns around to give it one last look before leaving.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:57 pm

You don't make it too far that day as it's late. On the morning of the third day, you all share the last ration and make it to Ashbravn.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:10 pm

(Should we move it to sunset mountains then since I'm not in Irieabor anymore?)
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7