D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phinneas in Irieabor

3 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Phinneas in Irieabor - Page 2 Empty Re: Phinneas in Irieabor

Post by Zaueski Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:45 pm

"Enough! Emmerson apologize to Andra now. Our efforts should be focused on Nabadach not each other. Now settle down and listen to Uncle Roderick! It's going to take more than 2 minutes to learn this Emmerson!"
Intimidate Check (+6 or +2 if I don't have ranks yet): Nat 1 (I guess I squeaked or something ._. )

Last edited by Zaueski on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:45 pm

The member 'Zaueski' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 1

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:22 pm

You stand up and say, "Come on you guys. Chill out! Wanna pick some flowers on the banks of the Chionthar?" You start singing a folk song about the beloved river. Sample: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rufus_Wainright_(2004)_-_On_the_Banks_of_the_Wabash_-_by_Paul_Dresser_(1897).ogg

Roll a perform (vocal) check.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:26 pm

(Well shit lol)
Perform (Vocal) (+2): 1
(These dice hate me)

Last edited by Zaueski on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:26 pm

'd20' : 1

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:43 pm

You start singing loudly and poorly. Andra and Emmerson yell in unison, "SHUT UP, PHINNEAS!" Roderick facepalms, "Yeah, buddy. You father forbade you joining the bard's college for a reason. Regardless, he's sort of right. This kind of anger isn't going to lead you guys anywhere. You need to put a bridle in your anger's mouth and make it serve you. Go cool off. We can try again tomorrow." 

(Optional character flaw: you sing when under immense stress and when you're not sure what to do, and you have a dream to become a bard.)
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:18 pm

(Hmm... maybe I'll think on it.) "Everyone cool? I'll sing again if that's what it takes for you two to stop fighting. If anyone needs me I'll be at the river cooling off if you need me." He heads towards the door and pauses "And for the record I'm only getting flowers to honor Father's and Mother's grave... See you guys at dinner" If no one comes out too he'll just sit and think and then go put the flowers down on the porch of his house.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:42 am

(I found it on page 7 of complete arcane. Invocations are standard actions. I'll still hold that the raw blast is BaB dependent though.)

Emmerson storms out and goes to blow off steam with his Purple Dragon friends. Andra stays inside and cleans things to distract herself. When you get back after your flower picking, there is an envelope pinned to the door sealed with the seal of the governor. Inside is a note that reads:

Mr. Phinneas Alexander,

Due to no existing will and testament of the late Ferb Alexander, all of his earthly possessions are to pass on to his eldest heir. This house, the property upon which it stands, everything therein, and all items recovered from a recent burglary are hereby passed on to Phinneas Alexander.

Please return with this letter to the Irieabor Capitol Building to fill out the necessary paperwork to facilitate such a transition of ownership. Any unclaimed assets after the passing of one week will be claimed by the city and sold.

Office of the Govornor of Irieabor.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:03 am

He returns back in time for dinner and sits down and eats. After dinner he'd show the note to Andra (and Emmerson if he's returned by now) "Would you mind coming with me tomorrow..? I don't think I'm ready to do that alone quite yet." If Emmerson isn't back yet he'd ask him to come along too when he returned.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Emmerson thinks you can handle it on your own, but it's obvious he just wants to go be with his friends. Andra says she'll go with you. Doreen suggests you two go in early to get through the line and be back in order to have more time training with Roderick. After dinner (Rabbit and carrot stew), Roderick tries to teach you all more on channeling eldritch fire. Emmerson gets frustrated and storms off again, and Andra is visibly frustrated too but keeps at it. Neither you, Emmerson, or Andra see any visible sign of progress.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:23 pm

He goes to bed frustrated at his lack of progress with Eldritch Fire. Upon waking he gets everything ready "Andra are you ready to go? I know they neglected a will but all of mother's things that were promised for you will still be yours. You have my word" They head off to the Governor's Office and wait in line.
(I'm getting the feeling that Andra would be more focused on the mental stats? If so he would suggest her taking a more academic approach to the eldritch blast, only talking about it when no one was around)
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:29 pm

There is a 5 gold fee, but you sign the necessary paperwork and transfer ownership without significant problems. "Well, I'm not sure exactly who to ask other than Roderick about studying warlock powers. I can imagine walking up to the bard's college, 'oh, hey. Do you have any songs that tell the intricacies of making deals with devils for power?' going over just swell. I'll give uncle Roderick a few more days, if nothing changes, I'm going to the guards." 
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:37 pm

"Well I'm drawing a blank too... I'd just hate to see him get off so easily... (If I dont know about the silverbrow part ill edit out this next line) Maybe we could find mom's ancestors... The you know whats.. They use magic from their passion in all the stories mother used to tell... I'd like to learn more about the deals though but you were always the more studious one" After processing the papers we'd head over to our house and he'd survey what all was left in the house.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:08 pm

(You would know vaguely about the silverbrow heritage.)

The house has all simple wooden furniture with a wood fire range for cooking. Your parents' bodies are still on the second floor with sheets over them. Search as you might, you find no gold, jewelry, or anything of value in the whole house.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:11 pm

"Nabadach was very thorough... I don't think there's anything left for us here... If we dont make amy progress with Uncle Roderick soon then let's go find our ancestors... They're supposed to be noble and helpful right?" He looks at Andra expectantly.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:59 am

Andra doesn't go upstairs while you two search the house. After you speak, she thinks for a moment. "That's what mom said, but who knows? Maybe I could talk to a few bards. They might have a teacher who specializes in dragon stories. I'll check on that tomorrow." She sighs deeply "Let's go. I don't want to be in here anymore."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:09 am

"Me either. C'mon Sis let's head back." They head back and he goes up to his Uncle "Alright I'm back, and ready to spend another day staring at my hands doing absolutely nothing while Nabadach escapes." He spends the rest of the day trying to follow Roderick's instructions.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:29 am

Emmerson isn't there today because it's his usual training time. Doreen chimes in from another room. "We have his name. That means we can have someone scry his location. You'd be better off waiting and learning how to beat him first. Remember that your father was an accomplished warlock and he'd been working for Asmodeous for many years. Here's some tea for while you train." Roderick is waiting for you at the table. "Thank you, dear. Let's begin. I personally would advise training your gift from your father's deal, but if you want to speed up the process, it would be possible to strike your own bargain. Although, as you said, it is treacherous." He holds out his hands to you two like he's done the past few times you've trained.
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:11 am

"I'm not that desperate at least not yet. I can store my anger at least even if I can't use it yet. And like you said Aunt Doreen, we can find him so we've got the time to do this the right way. Alright like a faucet right?" He stares at his hands and tries again to set them alight. This time he tries to block out all other sensations and focuses on his blood flowing through his arms heating it up and making his heart rate accelerate.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:04 am

You feel the fire in your veins and try to coax it out. "Push it out through your hands. A faucet of fire drawn from your core into your hands."

Roll a concentration check.
Andra's concentration: +1 (15)

(I don't have anything important in mind until you succeed, so if you want to fast forward, we can.)

Last edited by Elliott the Undying on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:04 am

The member 'Elliott the Undying' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 14

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:07 am

Ecstatic that he can feel something for the first time he concentrates all of his effort into it
Concentration (+1): 11

Last edited by Zaueski on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:07 am

'd20' : 10

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elliott the Undying Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Andra gets a very small spark which drips to her hand from her thumb. "Hey, I've got- yeouch!" She flicks her hand and the spark skitters across the table leaving small scorch marks as it goes. Roderick bellows in laughter, "What? You thought eldritch fire wouldn't burn?" He laughs some more. Doreen shoots him a dirty look and throws some hot tea in his face, he howls and chokes on some. "Hot tea burns, dear. Be careful!" Roderick gains his composure. "I guess that ends today's session. We'll give it another shot after dinner when Emmerson is with us."
Elliott the Undying
Elliott the Undying

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaueski Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:57 pm

(Eldritch fire doesn't harm the wielder unless its imbued with hellfire) "Wow! You did it Andra!" He continues in this routine until he sees more progress in himself and his siblings.
Zaueski
Zaueski

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next