D&D role playing forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Layla's plane

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Layla's plane Empty Layla's plane

Post by Valor Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:38 am

Layla and Vulpi arrive inside Layla's plane of existence it's still small and the astral plane can be seen outside the walls of hers but when you look up all you can see is sky and it makes the plane look almost infinite. In front of Vulpi is a massive adamantine castle and just outside the castle stands a massive interplanar gate. Layla begins levitating into the air. "Follow me, just think of yourself being weightless."

Valor
Admin

https://ddfreeroam.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Layla's plane Empty Re: Layla's plane

Post by Corvus Nox Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:55 am

Vulpi starts to take a step and stops, because it feels as though shes made of lead.  She realizes that if she is going to follow instructions she's going to have to forget everything she knows and learn.  Her preconceptions will just get in the way here.  So instead of walking she tries to picture herself floating after her new master.

Int check: +3 (17)

Last edited by Corvus Nox on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:55 am

The member 'Corvus Nox' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 14

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:04 am

(it didn't actually require a intelligence check but if it did you would have passed)

Vulpi raises up through the air and meets Layla who then floats down inside the castle and into the courtyard. It's beautiful with luscious grass and grown trees in the middle sits a small Gazebo with a lute inside sitting on it's stand. Some benches dot the courtyard placed under the trees for shade. Layla signals for Vulpi to sit down on one and once she does Layla waves her hand and a massive book appears on the ground in front of them. "To begin your training I simply want you to open this book. I will be back shortly I must check in on your brother. Also don't touch my Lute." In a burst of purple light Layla disappears.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:53 pm

Flying was wonderful! Being able to float effortlessly through the air is definitely something she could get used to. Although her mentor appearing and disappearing in a flash could grow tiresome quickly. She takes a look at the book before her, (unaware exactly how big it is, I will proceed accordingly) simply opening the book seems like a simple task, but if it was simple, then her strange teacher wouldn't have asked her to do it. First she kneels to inspect the book.

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:32 pm

The book appeared to be almost two feet thick and five feet long. It was clearly much larger than any book she had ever seen. Other then that it just appeared to be a normal book with some writing on the cover that read. intro to psionic's part 1

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:03 pm

Vulpi always had a problem with thinking out loud while alone. "Psionics.... The study of the power of the mind... Hmm... well, I suppose it would be much to heavy for me to lift open... I don't see anything around to use as a lever... hmm..." She continues to pace around the book and muse to herself. "When I got here my teacher told me to think about being weightless and I would be... since this is the study of the mind, maybe the same would be true of this book..." Vupli looks at the book, gets a mental image, closes her mind and focuses on opening the book through thought.

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:14 pm

(this time run an intelligence check)

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Int check +3 (17)

Last edited by Corvus Nox on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:31 pm

'd20' : 14

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:31 pm

The book opens before Vulpi to the first page the text is extremely small and written on huge pages. At first some fo the words don't make much sense but using context clues she can come to a sort of idea for what they must mean. A magical mouth appears above the pages of the book. "Excellent work on trusting your mind to accomplish your tasks. Please read through chapter 1 now."

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Vulpi settles in and begins to read.

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Once Vulpi completes the first chapter Layla appears back on the plane. "Good, I see that you have read through the first chapter. Now try to manifest a power, I apologize that I'm not able to watch over your training at this time. But my sister needs me, but don't worry I will have another apprentice to train with you shortly and you two can keep each other company." She levitates off into her castle.

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:18 am

Vulpi sigh's as she begins to realize that most of her training will be studying rather than being taught.  Not quite what she was expecting but it's alright.  The section on being able to create objects with her mind appealed most to her, so she decides that's what she'll do.

Attempts Minor Creation.  Concentration Check+0   (8.)

Last edited by Corvus Nox on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:19 am; edited 3 times in total

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:18 am

'd20' : 8

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:54 pm

A single stick of wood forms in front of Vulpi and falls to the ground, it wasn't a complete manifested power but it was a good start.

exp gained: 5

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:25 pm

Upon creating the piece of wood, a small crystalline figure forms in front of Vupli then falls to the ground with an almost comical flop. "OW! I MEAN, HEY!! I'm you, I mean me, I mean HI!" Stunned and more than a little confused Vupli stares at the strange little creature. "Hello? Um who exactly are you?" "Why I'm a psicrystal, and you're my master! Nice'ta meet'cha boss!" With that, the Crystal grows little legs and crawls into Vulpi's pocket where she begins to hear snoring sounds. (Constructs don't sleep, but it's a manifestation of its personality) What an odd little thing, I suppose I'll have to ask my Mentor about it when she gets back. In the meantime, more practice for me.

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Valor Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:57 pm

Layla and Zenthia teleport back to the plane as Vulpi finishes her thought about the psicrystal. "oh would you look at that. See reading is power isn't it? Now that I have you both together, I think I will give you some real experience, are you ready?"

Valor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiracat Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:13 pm

"Ready for what, Aunt Layla?" Zenthia looks up a Layla, tilting her head.
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:59 pm

Layla. So that's her mentor's name. Vulpi files away that thought for future reference. "Hello teacher, hello little one." She says nodding to each in turn. " What would you have us do?"

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiracat Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:02 pm

"I'm a big girl. I'm ten, thank you very much." She turns, crossing her arms, and stomps one foot firmly to the ground.
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:34 pm

"My apologies my lady, ten is quite an impressive age. I hope you will be able to impart some of your wisdom on me as well train together." Vulpi says with all sincerity and gives a slight bow.

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiracat Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:47 am

She turns to you, looks you up and down, then inclines her head. "I hope that I can as well, seeming as you would be in need of it. And I only appear to be ten, when in fact elves age completely different then your kind" She begins to laugh. "I think I am older then you after all." She looks to Layla, a triumphant smirk on her face.
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Nox Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:52 am

"As do members of my race. However it's never polite to ask a lady her age." Vulpi says with a soft smile. With that she turns her attention back to Layla.

Corvus Nox

Character sheet
3.5 character sheet:
sheet:
sheet2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiracat Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:05 am

"Really?! Well even an orc can hide itself with a good spell." Zenthia runs over to this new person, with child like excitement. She begins to pull at Vulpi's arms and legs, trying to break the spell. "Oh well, even mother has to change back eventually." Zenthia runs to Layla, and sits on the ground before her.
Keiracat
Keiracat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum